News and musings from a dedicated supporter of Senator Russ Feingold in Centre County, PA. Please note that this blog is NOT in any way affiliated with Senator Feingold, his staff or the Progressive Patriots Fund. The opinions expressed are strictly my own!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Avedon Shooting Me!

Richard Avedon was such a fabulous talent and a wonderfully energetic, fun guy. I instantly adored him when I ended up in his New York Studio on Sunday, August 26th, 2004, the day of the "Millon Billionaire March" staged by the Billioaires for Bush, with whom I'd been peforming satirical songs in NYC during election season.

You can see me on the right hand side of the group, standing behind Melody, who is seated on the floor in the red dress. I'm wearing shades and a floppy black hat with white trim, holding a faux martini (water with an olive), and I have a white shawl dangling from my shoulder. My shawl didn't make it into the photo, but I did, just leaning into the shot, about to sip my drink. Avedon's finished photograph can be seen online at http://www.andrearosengallery.com/exhibitions/2005_1_richard-avedon/
or, of course, in the Nov 1, 2004 issue of the New Yorker. What a blast it was to meet him, and an honor to be part of his art. I am broken-hearted to think that we lost him just one month later. Richard, we miss you!

No comments: